Ingredients needed for Peach Upside Down Cake
- Softened Unsalted butter, - 1/2 tbsp
- peaches - 3 cut in to 1/2 -inch wedges un peeled
- warm milk - 2 Tbsp
- All-purpose flour - 3 /4 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ground cardamom -1/2 tsp or (3 pods)
- Large eggs - 2
- turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Granulated sugar -1/2 cup
- Pure vanilla - 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter, melted. 1/2 cup
- light brown sugar 3 Tbsp
How to Prepare PEACH Upside Down Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F,
- Coat the bottom and sides of a 8 inch cake pan with the softened butter , sprinkle 3 Tbsp light brown sugar to cover entire bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the peach wedges in concentric circles over sugar mixture, overlapping as needed. set aside.
To make the cake batter:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour with the baking powder, and cardamom , turmeric powder, Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes
- Add the egg mixture and warm milk to the flour , Once it's fully mixed fold in the melted butter. Continue to fold the batter until it's smooth.
spoon the batter over the peaches and spread to cover.
- put it in the oven and bake until it's golden and set, about 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes, and then invert it onto a serving plate.
- PREP TIME : 25 MINUTES
- COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME :1 HOUR
- YIELD: 8 TO 10 SERVINGS