Skip to content
Ingredients Needed for Roasted Beet Hummus
- Roasted beet - 2 medium.
- Cooked chickpeas - 2 cups.
- zest of one large lemon
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - ½ lemon – 1 lemon
- salt and black pepper - According to taste
- Large minced garlic cloves - 3
- Tahini - 2 tbsp
- Toasted sesame seeds and sunflower seeds ( for garnishing) optional
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil divided (1 tbsp for garnishing)
How to Prepare Roasted Beet Hummus
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees .
- Wrap each beetroots in aluminum foil and roast them for 30 minute to 1hour or until soft and tender.
- Once the beetroots are roasted, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Peel the skin and chop into chunks.
- I usually soak the dry chickpeas overnight and pressure cook the next day, I don't use the canned ones.
- Place the beetroots, cooked chickpeas and garlic into a food processor and blend for 1 minute.
- Add Tahini, lemon juice, Lemon zest ,ground black pepper, salt, 1 teaspoon of water( if it's too thick) and blend until the hummus becomes smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add the olive oil while the mixture is processing,, taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- I topped the hummus with toasted black ,white sesame seeds and sunflower seeds and some with some finely chopped cilantro and olive oil.
Serve and Enjoy ......!