- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (99g) sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- raspberry jam, for filling the cookies
How to Prepare
- To make the dough: Beat the butter, sugar, and until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl as needed, about 3 minutes. Add the yolk and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, and almond flour. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix until just combined. Don't over-beat.
Form mixture into 2 evenly sized balls, flatten each into a 6-inch round disk and wrap each one separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Dust work surface with flour, roll out one disk into 1/6-1/8 inch thickness. Cut using a linzer cookie cutter or a medium round or fluted cookie cutter, then using a smaller round, heart, or star shape to cut out the center. Carefully transfer to baking sheet.
Gather the scrap dough, roll, and repeat. Place the cut cookies keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To bake: Bake all of the cookies for 9 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are just beginning to turn brown. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
To fill the cookies: Place the cookies with the holes in them on a cookie sheet and sift confectioners' sugar over the top. Turn the remaining cookies flat side up and spoon 1/2 teaspoon of jam into the center, spreading it slightly. Top with the sugar-dusted cookies.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.