a very nutritious weed with lots of health benefits. back home i grew up eating dal, it contains more omega 3" than any other leafy vegetable.generally harvested from early june to till end of the summer.i think it grows all over in the world. INGRIDIENTS
FOR THE PURSLANE PESTO:
- 2 tablespoons shelled and roasted pistachios
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup purslane leaves (home grown)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves or Basil (home grown)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- About 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In your food processor pulse together the pistachios, garlic, salt and black pepper. then Add the purslane , coriander leaves and lemon juice and pulse to combine. while blending slowly pour the olive oil, in to the ingredients to come together .
- blend the pesto until your desired consistency is reached, i prefer a little a grainy texture...
for the peach caprese:
- 2- ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted, chopped pistachios
- purslane pesto 2 tbsp
- fresh purslane leaves for garnish (optional)
- fresh ground pepper for sprinkling
- Arrange the slices of mozzarella on a platter. Top with thinly sliced peaches. spoon out the pesto, Sprinkle on the chopped pistachios, garnish with fresh mint leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh ground pepper to finish...