Ingredients for Peach and Blackberry Galette:
- All-purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat flour (aata) - 1/4 cup
- Oat flour - 1/4 cup
- Raw sugar - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Butter - 1/4 cup
- Ice-cold water - 1/4 cup
- A little milk for brushing the crust
Ingredients for the Filling:
- Medium sized peaches - 1
- Fresh blackberries - 8 to 10
- Raw sugar - 1 tbsp
- Peach jam - 1/2 tbsp
- Some powdered sugar for dusting
- Add the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oat flour, salt and sugar to the food processor bowl and pulse for a few seconds.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the food processor Pulse it until you get large bean size pieces of butter.
- Add the cold water and pulse again until the mixture just comes together. Please do not overwork the dough.
- Make a disc of the dough and wrap with some plastic wrap. Keep it in the fridge for minimum 1 hour.
How to Prepare Galette:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the peaches into thin wedges
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and dust the counter liberally with some flour.
- Roll the dough into a circle. If you find it is cracking, just press the cracked pieces together and roll.
- Transfer the dough gently onto parchment paper.
- Brush the crust with the jam, keeping about a 2-inch border around. Arrange the peach slices in the center and then arrange the blackberries on top.
- Fold the sides of the dough around the fruit by picking it up gently along the sides and pressing against the fruit.
- Brush the top of the dough with a little milk and spoon 1 tbsp of raw sugar over the fruit.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes until crust becomes golden brown.
- Cool completely and then dust with a little powdered sugar and serve as is or with some ice-cream