Skip to content
As we all know Rasgulla is a very popular Bengali sweet, Komola Bhog is nothing but a variety of Rasgulla made in orange flavor.
Ingredients of Komola Bhog:
- Whole milk - 3/4 gallon
- Orange juice - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 lemon
- Orange extract - 1 tsp
- Orange food colour - Pinch (Optional)
- Sugar - 3 cups
- Water - 5 cups
- Saffron - Few strands (for garnishing)
- Cheese cloth
How to Prepare Komola Bhog:
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, boil the milk in it and stir continuously. Lower the flame once milk starts boiling, pour orange juice and lemon juice. Keep stirring the milk.
- Once the milk starts curdling, it changes into chenna and leaves greenish water, remove the pan from heat. Let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
- Using a soft cotton cloth / or a cheese cloth, drain the water over a strainer.
- Hang the chenna along with the cloth for some 30 minutes. Ensure that the chenna doesn't get too dry.
- Now take the chenna out into a flat surface, add orange extract and orange food color (optional) and knead it well for 15 to 20 mins until it becomes soft and smooth.
- Take little amounts of chenna and make them into small balls of even size and keep them aside.
- Take a broad container, add water and sugar; keep stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar syrup starts boiling, add the chenna balls; cook for 10 mins partially covered with a lid.
- Removing the lid, cook it for 20 more mins on a medium to high flame.