Happy Diwali!!Ingredients of Kaju Strawberry (Strawberry Kaju Katli):
- Cashew nuts – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Rose gel food color - One drop (optional)
- Strawberry Puree - 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Water - 3 tbsp
- Green gel food color - One small drop (optional)
- Powder the cashew nuts to a fine powder in a mixer.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, prepare sugar syrup first using 1/2 cup sugar, strawberry puree and 1/4 cup water in medium flame. Bring to one string consistency.
- At this stage, add powdered cashew and food color (if you are using color). Keep mixing it on a medium flame.
- After 5 to 7 minutes, it starts leaving the sides of the pan. Check its consistency by greasing your hands with water and take a small pinch of the cashew mixture and roll it on your hand; you should be able to roll a non sticky ball.
- Switch off the flame and keep mixing to get a thick dough. Transfer to a clean kitchen counter top.
- When the dough is warm enough to handle, you can use few drops of ghee to grease your hands, if needed, and knead the dough to make it smooth.
- Once the dough becomes smooth, divide it into 14 balls.
- Shape each of them like a strawberry. You can use a fork or tooth pick or any tool to press and make it look like a strawberry.
- Now repeat the same procedure (Steps 1 to 8) for green dough. Divide it into 14 small sized balls.
- Shape each of them like a strawberry leaf by flattening into round and cut into 4 quarters. Stick each quarter to the strawberry to resemble as its leaf.
Happy Diwali!! - See more at: http://www.basilflower.org/blog/2014/10/chandrakala.html#sthash.2c5gD5xi.dpuf