Skip to content
Ingredients of Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad:
- Heirloom tomatoes - 3 large (sliced Thick)
- Mozzarella cheese - Sliced Thick
- Fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 Cups
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Sugar - 1tsp
How to Prepare Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad:
- Add balsamic vinegar and sugar to a saucepan and bring it boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 10 mins on low heat, remove from heat and let it cool down.
- When your ready to serve:
- Arrange Tomato and Mozzarella slices alternating each other.
- Tuck Basil leaves in between Tomato and Mozzarella slices.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic reduction evenly over the top of the salad.
- Finish the salad by Sprinkling kosher slat and black pepper.
- Tastes good when served with bread.
- Excess of balsamic reduction can be stored in refrigerator for future use.