- 2 medium beets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2–3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
- Shredded Nori (optional)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon lime
- 2–3 teaspoons maple syrup or sugar or raw honey
- gochujang sauce 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
How to Prepare
- Place beets in a pan with the water and salt. Simmer on low heat for 25-30 minutes until easily forked and tender. drain the hot water from the beets and cover with cold water.
- when the beets are cool enough to handle trim the edges, peel the skin and chop them in to cubes.
- In a medium bowl stir together all the marinade ingredients ,add the beet cubes and refrigerate for 3o minutes or up to 1 day.
for pickled water melon
- 1 medium watermelon, slice thinly and cut in to half moon shape
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- slice the radish thinly and cut in to half moon shape Toss with the vinegar, sugar, and salt. Let it sit for 10-20 minutes.
To Serve in a wide bowl place steamed noodles or Rice ,and greens (broccoli) top with marinated beets , pickled water melon radish on side .
Top with sesame seeds and seaweed , chopped scallions just before serving.